Monday, October 17, 2011

TRUE HAPPINESS comes from TRUE REPENTANCE (Alma 27:18, Mosiah 4:11-12)

Ola FAMILIA e AMIGOS!!!
Como vai? Tudo bem, aqui!!! MUITO bem, actually :)
This week FLEW by. Like literally, FLEW. I can't believe it's already P-day again. This last week we taught around 10 lessons and studied and learned and studied and learned....and slept...they turned off the AC last weekend, so this weekend...can you say SAUNA? We missionaries are all like little miss Goldilocks...we always want juuussst right. Lol.

So I had the opportunity of speaking in sacrament meeting yesterday (which was AMAZING). They don't tell us in advance who the speakers are, but they tell you right then. And yep it was me :) Good thing I prepared! I was asked to speak on true repentance, which fit in perfectly with my book of mormon reading this week about the misssionary experiences of Alma and the Sons of mosiah. The people of Ammon are a HUGE example to us of people who truly repented and became truly converted. They were so converted that they refused to defend themselves against the lamanites and they were willing to be slaves for the nephites to make up for all of their murders. In Alma 23:5 it said that "as many as...were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away." WOW. I think we could all learn from their example.

Other thoughts, at service this friday a custodian was asking all the missionaries if they thought the MTC was Prison or Paradise. Most of them were saying prison! Can you believe that?! PARADISE is how I feel about the matter, SERIOUSLY, it is amazing here, I love it SO much!!
Other things, so everyday I have at least 2-3 people come up to me and say that I look really familiar, but we've never met each other before and I don't recognize them at all...? Strange huh? Well my companion claims it's because she thinks I look like Kate from "Lost"...which I think is a huge complement! I love Sister Barlow so much. She is amazing in everyway! And such a good friend!

Final thought, for the day because I don't have much time...
WE are SO blessed to have the Gospel in our lives!! I think we take it for granted a lot, but the Book of Mormon clearly teaches us that this is the way to have true happiness. I know that this is true, I challenge all of you to NEVER FORGET IT!

Also, in sacrament meeting yesterday the thought came to me :"Christ can only be our Savior if we accept Him." We accept him by having FAITH in Him--which leads us to REPENT, thereby accepting and UTILIZING His Atonement for us. I hope and pray that all of us can be more accepting of Christ, increase our faith in him, and continually repent to become more like Him.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Thank you for all your prayers and know that I pray for you everyday.

Com amor,
Sister Bierman ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment