Monday, October 24, 2011

Prayer works!

Bom dia!!!
Ola familia e amigos! Como vai? Tudo bem?
Well this week has been absolutely CRAZY! WE'RE GOING TO BRAZIL!!!! TOMORROW!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's nuts. 5 of us in our district got our visas, 3 are still waiting so we are still praying. But I am so grateful for the wonderful example of our teacher Irmao Cangelosi who taught us to pray with faith for the things that we need. Everyday we pray, and if we didn't pray for our visas, he would have us get down on our knees and pray for them again. It taught us that we can't just sit around and wish for the things that we need, but that we need to pray for them and do all that we can to obtain the blessings we need. We need to show the Lord that we are willing to do what it takes, but that we are always willing to accept the Lord's will. Because He is in charge, and although we may not know why things happen the way they do--God does and he has a very specific plan for all of us. The Lord blesses those who SEEK Him.




Other happenings of this week...I've been practicing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" for a few weeks so that I could audition for a special musical number at a devotional or fireside for the MTC. Elder Udall and I have been really working at it and were planning on auditioning this week. They tell you to audition early so they can fit you in somewhere before you leave because so many people are so talented here. So I figured I still had like 4 weeks left...BUT then my visa came on Tuesday! And I didn't know what to do because I was sure that they already had all of the musical numbers lined up, but I had practiced and I have this huge fear of auditions, so i decided to buck up and audition and come what may. I was going to see this thing through. So we auditioned, and we got a YES! But they didn't know if they could fit us in...well I have the opportunity to share that wonderful song at the Senior Missionary Orientation today! Wish me luck, I hope the Spirit will touch their hearts through the song :) 

We had another really powerful sunday yesterday. I love sundays so much! Our district sang "A Child's Prayer" (in portuguese and english) in sacrament meeting as our farewell. There were some really good testimonies born. My roommate Sis Arslanian said something that was really profound: "I don't understand how the Gospel blesses us, but I KNOW THAT IT DOES." This is the truth and the most honest testimony one can bear. Many people want to know how it works or how we know, and oftentimes we don't have the answer, but like Nephi and so many others of the Book of Mormon... we can say: "I do not know all things, but I know that the Lord knows all things and I trust in Him." Sister Barlow and I taught our district meeting yesterday on the Power of Prayer. So fitting for this week. Prayers have the power to change the world, but it takes effort and thought on our part. I hope I can be better at it.

Oh yeah, this week we got to hear from....ELDER RICHARD G SCOTT!! Oh my goodness, what a blessing that was. I love hearing from the Apostles of the Lord! 

Always remember, "When you have done your best, you will sure still have disappointments--but you will not be disappointed with yourself."Be strong. Keep the Faith. And ALWAYS put your trust in Him.

I love you all,Tchao!

No comments:

Post a Comment