Monday, October 3, 2011

Eu agradeco-te, O Deus, para os profetas!

WASN'T GENERAL CONERENCE AMAZING!? The Spirit here at the MTC is amazing! I loved every bit of conferece, all of the talks were so direct and straight from God! I had so many talks that I loved, it's hard to choose a favorite! Some of my favorites include: "Do the right thing, at the right time--without delay!"- Elder Alonso, "All beings who have bodies have power over those who do not!" -Pres. Packer, ''Compared to God we are nothing, but TO God we are everything.'' -Pres. Uchtdorf, ''Take those things that rob us of our time and instead devote our time to the things that matter most--the things of God.'' -Elder Ardern (this one I especially liked because I can really see the truth of it here at the MTC. We get up 6:30 and until 10:30 we are dedicating our time to the Lord, not wasting one second. I cannot belive how much we can get accomplished here, and how little I accomplished at home. I challenge ALL OF YOU to COMMIT YOUR TIME TO THE THINGS THAT MATTER MOST), "We must LOOK UP and STEP UP and then we will CHEER UP!'' -Elder carl B. Cook....and SO MANY more! Mom, could you send me the talk by Brother Matthew O Richardson? He talked to fast, but it was so important! Thanks! I hope that all of you enjoyed and got as much out of conference as I did. We are truly blessed to have the opportunity to hear from prophets of God.

As for other news, the Portuguese is coming along...today during laundry we were trying to talk to an Elder from Sao Paulo so he could help us practice, boy do we have a lot more to learn! But he has only been here 7 weeks and he already speaks amazing english, so there is HOPE! Our teacher, Irmao Williams, told us that we speak portuguese better now than he did when he left the MTC! That is very encouraging. He says that at the Brazil MTC they speak to you in English, not Portuguese. I am so blessed to be here in Provo. I know the Lord has much in store for me, as long as I am obedient and strive to serve Him the best I can. I can''t wait to see what He has in store for me and the people I will meet!

I love the BOOK OF MORMON! I am learning so much reading so much! I am only 130 pages in, but I have been more enlightened from this Book now than I ever have been in my life. Are YOU reading the Book of Mormon? Are you "drinking deeply and often from it''s pages?" (Pres. Eyring)

I've decided that the theme of my mission thusfar is 2 Nephi 31:20. It has brought me great comfort and strength everyday and I strive to exercise my faith. Mom, will you tell them this is the scripture they can put on my plaque?

We said goodbye to Sister Pedersen this week. It was really emotional at first, and Sister Barlow had a hard time adjusting to that gap in our companionship, but things are going great now! We are closer than ever and feeling the wonderful power of the Spirit in our lives everyday and every lesson. We have a new investigator, Tiago, and already we have had such amazing experiences: feeling the Spirit guide us to TEACH PEOPLE--NOT LESSONS. I have felt the power of the Spirit place words and scriptures into my mind at the moment I need them most. I know that the Gift of the Holy Ghost is real. It''s power is beyond anything we can comprehend. All we need do is seek His help and live worthy of His presence. I know that it is through the gift and the power of God and His Spirit that we can speak and understand so much portuguese in just 3 short weeks. You would think we had been here months!

Among other things...the missionaries here are definitely romantically deprived. We watched "The Testaments'' last night and everytime there was flirting or kissing involved, the whole gym errupted into cheers. Oh my goodness, it was hilarious. Poor Elder Bruce was like, "Two years, man.'' Oh how I love being a missionary and the all the blessing that I receive from the Lord. I hope all of you are recognizing His hand in YOUR life.

I know that this is the true church of Christ, and I know that this is His work!

I love you all so very much,

Sister Bierman

No comments:

Post a Comment