Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hellow there!
So the every exciting transfers news...I'm a step mom! My new companion is Sister S and I'll be finishing off her training...what a switch from an old companion to a new one! But we are getting along really well. She is a sweetheart from M who is always serving me and smiling and bearing a powerful testimony.  I'm  loving it already! 
This transfer is just proof that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. The week before the transfer, Sister T and I both felt that I would be training, but there weren't any new sisters coming in. So we shrugged off that thought. But I was really hoping for a Brazilian companion, and even prayed for one. Well come to find out, President felt that he should put Sister S with me to finish her training and she was told that she was going to be transferred. But then he changed his mind and called her back and said that she wasn't. Then he really felt the Spirit tell him that we should be together, so she got told last minute Tuesday morning and here we are! I'm not really sure why, but I'm sure there is much in store for us! 
We are just working like crazy here! Seriously Sister S and I are just collapsing in our beds at night. We've faced a lot of rejection this week, but we're holding strong! We also found a great new investigator. She asked us to visit her and she told us a lot of life experiences and cried a lot. When we went to teach her we asked her if she had ever heard about the Book of Mormon, and then she asked us if we were Mormons, when I said yes, she jumped up and hugged and kissed us she was so happy--that was a first! We taught her the plan of salvation She was really upset because her mom had committed suicide and she felt like it was all her fault and I could really relate to her. We've loved visiting her, she's super energetic and happy and excited. Loves the church and really wants to get baptized! A will also be getting baptized this week. The Spirit really is guiding us this week. One night we went to go visit A at 8:00 and we waited until 8:20 and she never showed up. We decided to start the walk home and stopped for ice cream on the way, paid and everything, but then I felt like we should stop by A (A's member friend) first and then come back for the ice cream. Well what do you know, who's at A's house? A! So we taught her  and she started off telling us about how the night before she really prayed to know if the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith was true. She said that she just cried and cried and then after felt the strongest feeling of peace that she's ever felt before. She received her answer! She's super excited to get baptized this week! Pray that all goes well! We didn't even have time to go back and get our ice cream that we paid for...tudo bem.

No comments:

Post a Comment