Monday, November 12, 2012

Faith + Action = Happiness!


Hello there!
So this week I've just really felt the Lord helping me strive my hardest to do His work. Sometimes it's tough. Sometimes it feels like the little things we do each day don't really matter. And sometimes we feel overwhelmed, weary, and stressed. But I know that I have the power to change my thoughts and attitudes! I have the power to choose to have faith and be happy, daily. I have the power to make a difference. Our ward mission leader pulled us aside this week and helped me have a brighter perspective. He shared this scripture with us (just verse 17, but I also like verse 16).
D&C 123: 16-17
16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is abenefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
 
Small and simple things really do make a difference! Our thoughts have the power to change everything! We must always strive to keep our thoughts on the high road. Think and do things that invite the Spirit. I've really learned that this last transfer. Thoughts of home only drive away the spirit. But as I serve with joy and energy, I am full of the Spirit! I've only got 4 short months to serve with all I've got, I can make a difference! So let us all strive to do all things with JOY and then we can have faith and hope that it will all work out.
We had zone conference this week, always a great boost! We also found some great new families! Alice was called to be a ward missionary! And we're going to take our recent converts to the temple to do baptisms this week :) Funny story, we found out one of our investigators didn't understand when we taught her the word of wisdom...she thought that she couldn't eat breakfast, or  "café da manhã" (direct translation "morning coffee" but it's what Brazilians call all breakfast). Poor thing. We threw A a surprise party for her 19th birthday. We exceeded our contact goal, once again! I ran into a fire hydrant today and it really hurt.  
Let's keep putting that faith in ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment