Monday, January 7, 2013

When Grandma's are nearing the end of life, they go on vacation with the grandkids!

Olaaaaaaaa!
Alright, who's excited for this brand new year?! I am!! So we got the news of transfers Monday afternoon, went around town saying goodbye to everyone and early Tuesday morning, we went to transfers. I always felt like I would go to the coast at the end of my mission. We discovered that there was way more sisters going to the baixada than there was areas, so I also felt like I would open an area. I also felt really strongly that I would be companions with Sister M. Well Heavenly Father sure knows us, that's exactly what happened! Sister B finished training Sister M, so now we joke that she's hanging out with grandma ha ha. The drive to Santos was gorgeous, I didn't know that there was green here! Turns out Santos is actually an island? News to me. And it's hot! Our first lunch told us that it never rains in Santos, shortly after it started pouring rain for the next 4 days and at times we had water up to our knees! But when it's not raining, it's HOT. And it's all flat (no hills!) and LOTS of apartment buildings. Our area isn't too big. And the members are great! Everyone is super excited to have sisters :) And we're super excited to be here!

I feel like I have a lot of things to report and funny stories to tell, but it's been so long since I've had time to write in my journal, that I'm not remembering any! But overall, I feel completely renewed and excited and happy. I spent 5 months in Santo André and had a lot of success and learned a lot of lessons. And now I'm excited to put them all in practice. I'm excited to be myself and enjoy my time here and really make a difference. Sister M and I are so alike, it's creepy. She jokes that I'm just her imaginary friend that's all in her head. We are just absolutely loving our time together. One dangerous thing...we like to make cooking experiments. Needless to say, we made a running goal.

I really feel like Heavenly Father watches out for me, takes care of me, leads me, guides me, teaches me, chastens me, and above all else--blesses me. I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to share His Gospel, (even if it is to a whole bunch of people with bikinis and surf boards;). But really, I couldn't be happier! Opening and area isn't easy, but I have the certainty that it's the Lord's will and the best thing for all of us. We're going to bring even more sunshine to sunny santos!

No comments:

Post a Comment