Monday, January 2, 2012

Feliz Novo Ano!!!!!!!

Oláááááá!! Feliz ano novo para todos de vocés!

I hope that the holidays treated all of you well and that you also had the opportunity to reflect on all the blessings that you have and how you can improve. Sister Tanner wrote about her New Year's tradition to wake up early New Year's morning and write down all of the blessings and good things of the previous year, and view not only the progess, but the things to improve as well. I really like this, oftentimes we try to make these ridiculously grand goals and dreams for the following year but end up forgetting or giving up a little ways in. Rather, it is better that we count our blessings, thank the Lord, and constantly strive to be better everyday. So for this new year, I am recommiting myself to be better every following day.

As far as the work goes for this week, it was definitely a lot different. With Christmas and Sister C leaving, we essentially had three P-days in a row, and of the rest of our four days of work, two were holidays! Needless to say, the work was different, but Sister P and I really kicked it into gear this week, despite it all. On tuesday we got to go to the temple for Sister C's last day. It was a special treat. I'll also call this week American week, because we went to Walmart and Subway! It almost felt as if we were back in the states! We definitely sense a lack of Sister C in our companionship, but at the same time, we have a new spirit and determination, especially with this new year and new transfer.

With the whole world travelling for the month of January, finding new people is a little difficult, but we are being blessed everyday. We continue to find less actives everywhere it seems, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help them endure to the end and improve their relationship with Heavenly Father. I am amazed at the casualness of people concerning these things here. And how little people realize the importance of the Gospel in their lives! We can't afford not to have it! I really hope that we can help the people here find their faith again and enjoy the blessings of peace and joy that come from living the gospel.

This week it has also been really neat to see how the Lord prepares us for the work. Our training for the week was on the role of the Book of Mormon in conversion. And it seemed that the majority of the lessons we taught this week focused on exactly just that! A testimony of the Book of Mormon is essential in our lives. When we have a testimony of the book of mormon, we have a sound and sure testimony of the rest. If you have yet to gain this testimony of the Book of Mormon. I testify to you, like I did to so many this week, I know that this Book is true. I know that it not only contains good things, but contains the word of God. I came to know this through faith and the power of the Holy Ghost. I challenge all of you to take the challenge found within the book: Read the words, think about the things they are saying, and with a sincere heart ask God if they are true. If you have faith, desire, and patience I know that you too can come to know with a sureity that this book is true.

May the Lord bless all of you with peace, joy, and prosperity this new year.I love you all and am praying for you.Fica firme, fiel, e feliz!

No comments:

Post a Comment